Rates correct as at 3 August 2018.
We set the credit interest rate, which is variable. We will give you two months' written notice if we reduce the credit interest rate. If we increase the credit interest rate on your account, we will make the change immediately. Interest is added to your account at the end of each calendar month.
16.35% EAR variable
No arrangement fee
£1,200 total amount of credit
The arranged overdraft interest rate can vary and is currently as shown below.
The arranged overdraft interest rates is made up of two parts-the Bank of England Bank Rate (BOEBR) and an amount over the BOEBR (known as the 'margin'), which are both variable rates. We set the margin on an arranged overdraft. When the Bank of England Bank Rate changes, we change the rate at the beginning of the next business day after the Bank of England announces the change. We will give you two months' written notice before we increase the margin that applies to your account.
Transaction and package fees
|Cash withdrawals at one of our branch counters
||You can make up to four cash withdrawals at a branch counter each calendar month free of charge. For each extra cash withdrawal out of your account at one of our branch counters, we will charge you the fee shown opposite.
You can make up to four cheque payments (see the note below) each calendar month free of charge. For each extra cheque paid out of your account during that month, we will charge you the fee shown opposite.
If you make a payment out of your account at a branch counter, we will count this as a cheque payment.
|Setting up the arranged overdraft
||No fee for arranged overdrafts of up to £7,500.
1% fee for any amount over £7,500.
|Arranged overdraft usage fee
||Charged monthly to accounts which go overdrawn but stay within an arranged overdraft limit
Overdraft balance of £100 or less
Overdraft balance of more than £100
|Paid transaction fee
||Each day that we pay an item or group of items and you have an unarranged overdraft, we may charge you a paid transaction fee, up to the monthly cap set out below. The most we will charge you each day is £25. We will not charge this fee if the amount you are overdrawn by is £5 or less.
|Unpaid transaction fee
||When we return an item unpaid on your account (sometimes known as 'bouncing' an item), we will charge an unpaid transaction fee for each item that is not paid, up to the monthly cap set out below. We will not charge this fee if the amount you would have been overdrawn by is £5 or less.
|Unarranged overdraft usage fee
||Charged monthly to accounts which go overdrawn when there is no arranged overdraft in place, or which go over an arranged overdraft limit without our agreement beforehand, up to the monthly cap set out below. We will not charge this fee if the amount you are overdrawn by, or over your arranged overdraft by, is £5 or less.
||For this account there is a monthly cap of £75 on unarranged overdraft charges. If you go into an unarranged overdraft, you will never be charged more than the monthly cap that applies to your account.
Monthly cap on unarranged overdraft charges
- Each current account will set a monthly maximum charge for:
- going overdrawn when you have not arranged an overdraft; or
- going over/past your arranged overdraft limit (if you have one).
- This cap covers any:
- interest and fees for going over/past your arranged overdraft limit;
- fees for each payment your bank allows despite lack of funds; and
- fees for each payment your bank refuses due to lack of funds.
Each calendar month we will charge a maximum of three fees and service charges for using, or trying to use, an unarranged overdraft. We will charge any paid transaction or unpaid transaction fees first, up to the value of the monthly cap. If the total of these fees does not already meet the monthly cap, we will apply the unarranged overdraft usage fee if appropriate.
A range of charging scenarios is available to show you the charges you will be expected to pay if you try to spend money that isn't in your account and you haven't arranged an overdraft, or if you spend money that takes your account into unarranged overdraft.
Information on how to reduce or avoid fees, charges and interest is available. Follow the link to read our recommended steps.
- You must be aged 18 or over to open this account.
- If you are not an existing Danske Bank customer, to be eligible to apply via our website, you need to be living in Northern Ireland. If you are an existing Danske Bank customer not yet registered for our eBanking service, to be eligible to apply via our website you need to be living in the United Kingdom.
- You will need your debit card to pay in cash and cheques at any Post Office® counter.
- There are limits on the number of withdrawals you can make over the counter at our branches. There are also limits on the number of cheque payments you can make.
- With eBanking, we automatically send your statements to your electronic mailbox in eBanking, unless you tell us otherwise.
- Lending terms and conditions apply.
- Arranged overdrafts are repayable on demand. This means you would have to pay the overdraft off when asked to do so. You may need to provide security.
- You can get details of fees, service charges and interest rates that may apply to our personal current accounts from any of our branches and throughout this website.